4 November 2011

Hair (Part Two)

My hair started falling out in earnest a couple of days ago.  Now I'm second guessing my decision to shave early because I have 1/8 inch pieces of hair EVERYWHERE.  Who knew that there are SO MANY hairs on ones head?  Here's a picture of me trying to be proactive and contain the fallout.  (Ha ha, get it?  FALL OUT!)

I have to take the good along with the bad.  On the plus side, this winter, I will not have to contend with 'hat head'.  And the gal who waxes me will see a significant drop in her income and conversely, I'll be saving $$$.  I really did have a secret desire to shave my head, and so I can cross that off my bucket list.  Also, I've been coloring my hair for so long I have no idea what my natural state is.  Maybe when it grows back I'll be a nice all over salt and pepper by now.

On the downside, I think I'm going to look pretty creepy with no eyebrows.  Dan always jokes that he has two daughters and one eyebrow between them, and pretty soon he's going to have to add the wife to that equation.  It is pretty cold when I don't wear a hat.  I have a nice soft cotton knit one I wear to bed and when I toss and turn it sometimes pops off.   That happened last night and I mumbled "Where'd my hat go?"  Dan thought I said "Where'd my hand go?"  Nope, that's leprosy, not cancer.

You know what cancer classes need to teach patients?  How to tie a scarf properly so you can rock it. I look like a cross between a gypsy and a pirate.  Aaaaarrgh!  (And not the cool Johnny Depp kind, more like if Bozo the Clown went nautical and bad.)  I'm not doing it right!  I suppose if this were the seventies, when everyone wore groovy scarves, I'd be okay but that is just not the case.  I guess I'm going to have to google that one - how do I tie a scarf on my head so I don't look douchy?

The kids are off school today so it's time for a whirlwind trip to Target and Kohl's.  By the next time I'm feeling well, it's going to be way too close to Thanksgiving to venture out in the crowds.  Winter boots, long sleeved shirts and pants, pants, pants!  (We never did get the back-to-school shopping done!)  I may even find myself a HAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.