7 September 2011

Men and Breast Cancer - Part 1

I feel really sorry for men who have breast cancer. It is an extremely small percentage of cases, but it is a disease that has such a strong feminine association. I find myself wondering what, (if any) accommodations are made for men who face this. Are there blue pamphlets for them?

This has been highlighted for me as I realized this week that men don't talk about breast cancer. I don't have very many male friends, but those who now know my situation have been silent on the whole subject. I haven't had any other serious illnesses but it's made me wonder if I'd had a heart attack if more men would have reached out.

1 comment:

  1. Since you wondered, no, the pamphlets for men are the exact same ones for women...pink colors and all.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.