20 September 2011

Post-Post-Op

In the last couple of weeks I've had some very good massages. I've been working with a gal recommended by a friend (Thanks, SSD) who has kindly unwound most of my back and worked the stones out of where my calf muscles are supposed to reside. In spite of taking several days 'off' from walking last week, I still managed over 30 miles, but since most of those miles were between Starbucks and home, I gained some weight. I'm ok with that for now. We'll address it after I find out if I need chemo or not. This is a valiant attempt to prepare my body for being laid up for a few weeks. I don't think I'll be able to handle Schantz hill for a while, but if I hitch a ride up to the track I think I'll be able to shuffle around it a couple of times within a week or two.  My legs feel strong, my arms feel tight and my chests feel like there are elves sitting on it - and not those cute little Keebler ones, more like big, hairy, stinky ewoks.

I'm going to work on having some guest posts done.  I'm sure Naomi would love to regale you with tales of the blood bags, and Kim would like to work through why I do things the way that I do instead of the way she does,  and Dan has all sorts of theories he'd like to expound upon.

I'm tired and hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.