19 September 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

On Friday mid-morning Dan and I moseyed on over to Kettering Hospital. We packed light in anticipation of a short stay. I had taken a klonopin the night before so I was well rested. Wow! that was the right thing to do.
They took me down to surgery, but I don't even remember being wheeled out.
Next thing I knew I was waking up nauseous. I spent a little bit more time in recovery than they were expecting, and a little more time in surgery than they were expecting.
Both of my surgeons were pleased with how my procedure went. I have followups with them on Thursday.  Thursday could be greek to me.  Time is drifting around me and my pain schedule. The OnQ pain ball is numbing the entire area and that's a very very good thing.  Where I do feel pain is in my pecs, lats, shoulders and traps.  I imagine if it did 45000 pushups one day, this is what it would feel like the day after.
I am tethered to two drains on either side of my incisions and also have a pain ball catheter inserted.  I'm mostly catnapping around pain med schedule and other stuff going down.  Kids are cooperating with Kim and Dan, although N has a morbid curiosity and wants to empty my blood bags.

For some reason I was given the presidential suite at Kettering. I assumed it was because they knew how awesome I am and so I wouldn't be hanging around.

I am eager to start walking again.  Both doc's said I could do what I felt comfortable doing to I think I'll have Kim drive me most the way up to Starbucks, stroll around the grid for a while and hop back in the car for the downhill.  Not much upper body action, but I feel like I could walk a flat mile.

No images today.  Too tired to continue.  I'll check in soon.

2 comments:

  1. lol I snorted my coffee when I read about your "helper" sounds like something my kid would do...hey Mom a blood bag...yes! I'm glad your feeling like walking a mile...enjoy the sbuxs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you feel as if you could walk a flat mile. With her curiosity, maybe N will become a doctor someday. ...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.