20 September 2011 (part deux)

Much More (or less) Me

I'm feeling much more me now that the narcotics are out of my system.  Don't worry, I saved lots to get me through the next school holiday.

So what is different?  When I fold my arms across my chest, they actually touch my chest.  That was pretty different the first time.  It still feels like I did too many push ups.  I'm sore around my armpits - my pec majors, pec minors, a little deltoid, levator and lat.  Not too bad, considering I did an incline push up against the counter last night to test my strength.  (Two-Drain said not to do push ups, but I figured a modified one would be ok.)

My ginormous pain ball that was supposed to last 6 days is about toast.  I'm gonna have to mention that to Two-Drain.  I am starting to get some feeling back in the nerves of the back of my left arm, from shoulder to elbow.  It's an electric feeling, like when you hit your funny bone.

My sleeping is back to normal, being woken up every two hours by a kid or a cat.  M woke me up at 1:30 AM to change her bed.  I just replied, "You gotta be kidding..."  I had to boot Dan out of bed to get it done.  I guess incapacitated isn't on the fourth grade vocabulary list.  But it should be!

M wanted to help with the drains this morning.  She made it through 2 and a half before she decided she was going to throw up.  OK, not a physician.  In fact I'm not so sure she could even be a plumber.  We're hanging our hat on N.  I'm going for a walk today because I want to sleep and I'm doing so little my body won't let me.  (Unless I drug myself.)  A nice flat mile or two is in order.  My legs feel great.  I'm so glad I stepped up (ha ha) the fitness routine before going under the knife.  I'm working to get back there as soon as possible.



Dan came down this morning and started poking through the DML bags I requested.
"What's that?"  he says.
"It's a Russian Tea Biscuit." I answer.
"Can I have one?" he asks.
"No, it's only for people who have had body parts cut off."
(It was worth a try...)

So for breakfast I had half a Russian Tea Biscuit, 2 colace, 2 doxycycline, 2 ibuprofen, one zoloft and a liter of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.