24 August 2011

All is right with the world!* (*within reason.)

I had my regular appointment scheduled with my primary physician this morning. It was time for my yearly PAP. Go figure. I told her she'd better not find anything. (And she skipped the breast exam.)

She asked how I was doing and I told her about my meeting with Two-Drain and she immediately validated me by saying that OF COURSE I should go for a second opinion. We talked about the surgeon, and also about my choice of Oncologist. Apparently I've fingered a VERY popular oncologist and so she gave me the name of another one she likes, just in case my first choice is booked. (like in Vegas, when you can't get into the hotel you want, right?)

Now BEFORE I saw my doc, I called Dr. Boob, my breast surgeon, and told them that my meeting with Two-Drain did not go well. At least from my point of view, and as far as I figure it, my opinion still matters at this point. I'm waiting to hear back from their office for a second referral, hopefully for a female doc. You know, one who maybe has boobs and can relate to me a little better. That was good news, but this is even better... when I called the nurse told me she was about to call me because the BRCA results are in and I AM NEGATIVE!!!!! This is not only good news for me, but also for my sisters, my nieces my nephews and my kids! So we can now roll on, full steam ahead without worrying about getting a gynecological oncologist involved.

It's already Wednesday and Dr. Boob wanted me to have an MRI and I haven't heard back from them yet. When I called yesterday, they indicated that they did not receive pre-authorization from Tricare yet. I've been kind of holding off scheduling stuff this week because I need to get the MRI scheduled. Well, holding off on stuff other than the plastic surgeon, my primary care doc, a haircut, my how-to-have-cancer class and I'm looking to go to the gym and get a massage on Friday. But you know, other stuff is just going to have to wait!

I've had long hair for a while. My profile picture here was taken about 4 or 5 years ago and captures how I feel right now, but my 7 year old can't remember a time when Mom didn't have long hair. I got my hair cut very short for no other reason than I don't want to have to deal with it when I start to feel sick. I'm also anticipating chemo. This was my way of starting to prepare for the inevitable. It's a very palpable change that I am in control of when I am facing so many others that will be out of my control. My daughter had a hissy fit and told me it made me look stupid. Never fear, I'm not taking fashion advice from a kid who still matches clothes based on "They are both blu-ish."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.