21 August 2011

It is Cancer Limerick Sunday!

I'm thinking of future and past
Assembling my team and my cast
Looking for answers
About my damn cancers
But no information comes fast.

======
Hey friends and family, have I told you lately how much I love you? I have to give a shout out to my support community.


As soon as I got my positive biopsy results, I immediately posted to facebook, asking local peeps for cancer doc recommendations, and also emailed the Moms of Oakwood requesting recommendations from them as well. Several of our Moms members have had cancer in the years since the club was formed. We are active in fundraising for cancer research through Relay for Life and Carewalk and whenever anyone in town has a challenge like this, the Moms Club organizes volunteers for meals, childcare etc.

Recommendations and offers of help began pouring in almost immediately. In fact from my Facebook posts, Blog, Mom's Club email and folks I saw/told at the Harman open house, I'd say that pretty well everyone knows and I have been overwhelmed at the generous offers of assistance.

I have prayers and good healing thoughts coming from all over the country and beyond but where the rubber meets the road is who is going to walk the girls home after school and get them started on homework on Tuesday when I meet with the plastic surgeon? (By the way, I'm meeting with the plastic surgeon on Tuesday.)

Numerous friends have offered to watch the girls for me when I have appointments or just need some time for me. (Like when I'm shopping for nipples online? How do I explain that to a 7 year old?!?) My sisters and sister-in-law have offered to come help out when I have surgery. Food has already arrived!

Dan and I are humbled by your heartfelt wishes and pledges of support and I feel very, very grateful. Thank you!

(I was looking for a nice thank you image and I found this. OK, this picture embodies about everything I hate in the cancer world. It is so bad I had to use it. First of all, it's PINK. From the cliched rose to the jewel drops that look like boobs, it's simply hideous. And if you are the designer, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but please, try a little originality next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.