31 August 2012

Furthermore

I've given some more thought to my last post.  I hadn't realized it but my cancer was a catalyst for me to let go of a lot of stuff.  I just don't have the wherewithal to put up with certain things anymore.  I am happier and less stressed now that I don't volunteer for stuff I'm not good at.  Likewise, I've dropped some activities that I didn't really enjoy, and am pursuing some others with greater vigor.

These are small changes that are adding up to a much more authentic life for me.  

I've been looking for some earth-shattering breakthrough that came from having cancer.  The blogs and articles I've read detail changes that others have felt.  I thought these changes were kind of a big bang thing, but now I realize that perhaps they aren't.  Maybe, like me, others have just done one thing a little differently, and then one other thing a little differently, and then a third thing a little differently, and so on.  Until they all of a sudden wake up one morning and feel the total of all of the cumulative changes making their life and feelings different.   

That's how it's working for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.