31 March 2012

Ugh, Not Just an Ugly Boot Name


Three days out of surgery I'm remembering how trying to be normal doesn't work.  I am capable of doing a lot more than I was the last time, but it's not making me feel very well.  I'm going to have to get some more help and take it easy next week.  Anyone local want playdates for the kids?  Can you pick-up and drop-off?  (I'm still on driving restriction.)

I can tell something ain't right because I'm hot and cold at the same time.  My left incision hurts.  The antibiotics I'm on are messing with my stomach and making me nauseous, and I'm pretty sleepy.  On the plus side, my right side is terrific with no pain, good range of motion and a nice tidy incision.  The left incision is no more than a two or three on the pain scale, so I'm off the narcotics.

But I want to crawl back into bed and not get out for a week.  That kind of behavior got me in trouble the last time - limited mobility, fatigue, weight gain, loss of strength and cardio fitness.  And I just feel - ugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.