1 November 2011


Miscellany

The next time I have a mastectomy, I'm going to have my armpits waxed because it is impossible to shave afterwards.  You can't lift your arms for the first couple of weeks and the stubble feels like a freaking blow torch on the raw nerves post-surgery.  Then when I finally did get my arms up, I had no surface feeling in my pit so I couldn't tell what the hell I was shaving.

The next time I get cancer, I'm going to write Tourette's Syndrome on all my medical histories.  That way I can Scream MOTHER FUCKER!!!! during all my treatments and procedures.

When in doubt, always take the full dose of whatever it is.  1/2 a klonopin did NOTHING against the pre-chemo steroids they gave me.  I was up all night.  My doc upped my prescription which I thought was a little weird, but evidently she knows what to expect so instead of half my old dose, this time I'm taking a whole big one and shooting for somewhere between cooked vegetable and coma.

Cancer has made me a superhero.  I'm not doing 1/10 of the mom crap I did when I was healthy and people think I'm remarkable.  You all make it easy, helping out with meals, childcare, rides, and sending me goodies.  I seriously hope your expectations remain low for a while.  I'm loving this!

People are freaked out by a bald gal.  You can almost hear what's going on in their minds. The gym is the funnest part. They don't know if I'm sick or butch.  I wear black a lot to keep them all guessing.  No pink ribbons.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.