18 October 2011

First Chemo

I am doing a brief post to just say that chemo went really well for me today.  I tolerated both drugs swimmingly and had no adverse reactions.  The prep drugs I took yesterday and then the pre-drugs I took today agitated me so I've had very little sleep.  I couldn't sleep last night, nor did I nod off during treatment.  I had a headache going in and took 800 mg of ibuprofen which knocked it out.  I think the headache was from being so tired. I'm about to take another dose.  When I got home I ate a light meal of noodle soup, popped a tranquelizer and laid down for a 3 hour rest.  I just ate dinner and I'm headed back to bed.  I'll detail more tomorrow.

But for now - one down, three to go.

2 comments:

  1. That’s not what i heard. ;)) It was reported that you had pie before bed this afternoon. Love you and glad you’re feeling good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, you are my hero! You're doing so well, I know this has been a long process and painful and scary. You amaze me. It's ok to get upset and depressed when you are down. But what I see most of the time is a fighter, a super hero who is going to come out on top after the process is over. Hang in there! Love, Molly and all

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.