28 August 2011

It's Cancer Limerick Sunday!

At first I was really scared
But now there's good news to share
With two drainage tubes
I'll get rid of my boobs
And I don't really care about hair
======
I'm getting so much satisfaction out of this blog. So far the ideas are coming fast and furious and I have so much to say. I keep starting pages to post later and then having difficulty choosing which to post on any given day since I love what I'm writing. Evidently, cancer cures writers block.

For many years now, the people who are closest to me have told me that I should write. And I have, here and there:

I write the most awesome letters to companies that have pissed me off or exceeded my expectations and I usually get resolution on issues or cool free stuff.

I've written blogs about the kids or the house from which I've had good positive feedback.

I write lovely letters and emails to people.

However I've not really felt that I've had a voice. But now I have found a voice with this diagnosis and it just won't shut up. I found my voice to say no to things that are not important to me. I am also able to say no to things that are important but that I know won't suffer without my input or supervision. I found my voice to advocate for myself. I found my voice to ask for help. I found my voice to tell others how I feel.

Some people tell me that this will be my book. Others feel this will be one small chapter in my book. I'm not looking that far ahead, I'm too busy working towards a happy ending.


2 comments:

  1. Robyn,
    Whether some may define your blog as a book or merely "a chapter" in life's larger library, we all look forward to your witty posts.
    Sincerely,
    One of Your Humble Readers, OYHR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been a writer at heart, without much direction. And I've been an excellent advocate for others. Finding my voice to say yes or no - based on MY needs - has been the toughest and greatest achievement of this shitty cancer journey.

    I'm glad you found me. I hope you're doing well.

    ~Shevawn

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.