16 September 2012

Cancer Free One Year!

As I have recently said, I'm assuming I've been cancer free since my surgery.  Today marks my one year anniversary.

The past year has been pretty weird.  It has been a year of opposites.  One the one hand, I really had a break.  On the other I was exceptionally busy with important stuff.  I felt great, and I felt lousy.  I was very sick, and very healed.  It was hard, yet it was also easy.  I felt shattered, and whole.  I felt blessed and cursed.

In the pro column:
Ability to say no to stuff
Smaller foobs
Witnessed and benefited from much kindness
New and better hair-do

And the cons:
No boobs
Lymphedema
Painfully thin hair that is NOT growing back
Early menopause
Recurrence risk

So with this anniversary, and with how I'm feeling back to mostly normal, I'm ready to move on. I have had some feedback that my posts are starting to get repetitive, and for good reason - NO NEW DEVELOPMENTS.  It's time to start writing about something else.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.