2 July 2012

This Week...

This week, was an exercise in patience.  Last week I spent all of Wednesday and most of Thursday in the hospital with Dan.  When I spend so much time away from the kids they get a little stressed.  So there was much irksomeness in the house when I brought Dan home and it was 100+ outside, and kids were hot and cranky and wanting to see friends.  We had some kids over Friday to swim.  I got them out of the pool at 4:00pm  We hustled into the basement shortly thereafter to sit out a nasty line of thunderheads that blew through.  The power went out.

Do you know how annoying kids are when 'something is happening'?  And people aren't feeling well, and mama is being pulled in a bunch of different directions.  We got the other kids home, opened windows after the storm cooled things off and went to bed.

No power Saturday morning.  The temperature was climbing so I deposited the kids with kindly neighbors and I drove Dan to his sister's to get out of the heat.  We imposed on a few different friends and then the kids and  I slept in the relatively cool basement.

No power Sunday morning.  I tackled the fridge and kitchen.  We lost everything in the fridge and then I had to empty all the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher and wash them by hand.  I held off on most of the freezer. Then the kids and I bailed out to see Dan and hang out in some air conditioning.  We brought Dan home to a somewhat cool house, (another storm having blown through to cool stuff off,) and ended up sleeping in most of our own rooms.

No power Monday morning.  Dan went to work and I felt a lot of stress lift.  Worrying about keeping him happy and the kids occupied was too taxing for me.  I was a wreck all weekend.  I felt a little better today.

I've mostly been a wreck for a couple of weeks.  I had a rather complete emotional breakdown a couple  of weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with that.  One minute I was fine, the next I was a wreck.  It happened while I was doing yoga and the only thing I can think of is that the last time I did yoga I was in a pretty dark place and it was some kind of trigger for me.  I skipped the last class in the series the following week, partly because I was not looking forward to it and partly because I was stuck in the hospital reminding Dan to breathe while he was in recovery. I'm toying with trying a different beginner yoga class to see if I have another irrational breakdown.  If so I guess I can write that off.

I was so cranky all weekend.  Not just because it was hot and uncomfortable and I was pissed off at Dayton Power & Light, but I was worried about Dan, I was not sleeping well and ready to throttle the kids who could think only of themselves in our compromised situation.

We bugged out to a friends house tonight to charge devices and cool down a bit.  When we left there was a lineman crew at work up the street.  I'm hoping we'll be restored tonight.  In more ways than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.