14 July 2012

On (the) Track

Cancer walk done.  The website is still accepting donations until August 31st, so if you meant to donate and didn't get around to it yet, no worries.  There's still time!  Click here!

In spite of my expectation of 'emotion', my walk was exceptionally uneventful.  I thought I would have some anxiety about having cancer, as though it would be a glaring reminder.* I didn't feel like 'Cancer Girl' (woman, mama, whatever,) instead I felt pretty normal just as my life is starting to feel pretty normal again.   I started at 7am and walked about three and a half miles, then Dan and the kids arrived and we all walked for about an hour more.  It was very low key this morning, most folks had been walking all night and had retreated once the morning walkers started showing up.  I suppose had I shown up last night for the Luminaria ceremony I would have felt something, but as it was, in the cool-ish light of day, it was just another morning walk for me.  One of many, just a little more boring since it was around and around the track instead of down to Dorothy Lane and back.  And I walked the whole thing instead of doing a walk/run combo and my hamstrings and blisters were grateful.  I did 7 miles this morning bringing my total for the week to 30.

My food choices are still good, although I'm finding I'm wanting to eat some junk.  I have a visceral response to stress that involves a need for chocolate cake.  I haven't given in, but I do get cranky about it.



*glaring reminder: that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.