27 March 2012

And Yet Another Post About Hair

Now that I am well on my way to having a head full of hair, and my eyelashes are getting long enough to put on mascara, and I'm back to having to shave various parts, and I'm in surgery again tomorrow, I felt it was high time I put into practice what I'd learned from the last surgery.  I got my armpits waxed since I won't be able to lift my arms to shave for a few weeks and having the stubble on post-surgery inflamed skin was torture.  The waxing went splendidly as I only have feeling in about 20% of my armpits.  I can see me doing that instead of shaving from here on in because shaving a numb spot under your arm is like trying to shave someone else while blindfolded.

Another thing they don't tell you about post chemo hair growth is that when your body finally fires up those follicles again, certain places are very ambitious.   For me is was my jaw-line, which was sporting a fuzzy covering of fine blonde hairs, hipster-style if they'd have been a little coarser, but no 'stache.  I had that waxed off too.  From what I've gleaned from the message boards it's common for the follicles to start up all gung-ho and then ease off into normalcy.

This has left my face bright red.  I have errands to run and things to do and I'm stuck with basically, a bright red beard.  I'm just going to have to rearrange my day a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.