6 February 2012

Zzzzzzz...

During my chemo treatments, I had mentioned that fatigue and nausea were not my most pressing problems, but rather, I felt like my whole body was 'broke.'  I felt like I couldn't fight through the sick feeling to haul my butt outta bed.  I don't feel sick any more.

I am now fully ensconced in fatigue and exhaustion.  I drag ass all day long.  I've been trying to stay out of bed and just work through it but a couple of days a week I find myself crawling back in after I get the famn damily out the door.  

It is disconcerting to me how tired I am.  I can't tell if it's from the chemo, the Tamoxifen, the hot flashes that keep me up at night?  And it's not really sleepiness, like I was experiencing in the beginning of January when I was exercising too hard.  I'm really fatigued.  My leg muscles ache when I climb the stairs as though I'd been doing a wall squat for 90 seconds.  I get short tempered with the kids.  I have no extra energy for anything other than what I HAVE to do.  And I'm falling behind on that stuff.

Most of what I hear/read indicates that it will take about a year before I start feeling like myself, (more on that later,) and I'm beginning to understand the toll that treatment has taken on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.