3 January 2012

This Week I'm Even Amazing Myself

So when the yuck wears off from chemo, I all of a sudden feel like myself, even after thinking I'll never feel like me again.  Last week I wasn't sure I'd ever get my momentum back and this week I'm kicking ass.  I am flabbergasted by how motivated I am this week after a couple of weeks in bed where it felt like I was going to just melt into the mattress and fade away.

Starting Sunday, I began walking again.  I'm not doing nearly the mileage I was before I was diagnosed, but for the first time in months, I feel like I can.  Adjusting to the weather will have its challenges, but I'm confident I can roll with the weather punches. I have the elliptical downstairs and if it gets really nasty I'll just do that.  Plus I can always go to the gym and use the treadmill there.  But honestly, nothing short of an ice storm should keep me from my appointed rounds.  I've got weather-proof stuff.

I was shooting for three miles this morning and fell short as the sidewalks were icy and I was unprepared.  Same thing happened yesterday, although it was also snowing and too cold for me yesterday, (and I was kinda scared walking next to the road since cars kept sliding all over the place.) Tomorrow I'll break out my Yaktrax and see if they solve the problem. I bought them last summer on closeout, of course, in anticipation of this day.  This day being - winter.  Winter has finally arrived, albeit late, to Ohio. The kids got one good day in playing outside in the snow yesterday.  At least their break wasn't a total waste.  We only had about an inch but they were desperate and ended up with a whole pack of snowballers on our side lot.  They attempted sledding to no avail.

I'm so ambitious this week that I'm starting to do taxes, which is about 7 months early for me.  This may be the first year in the last decade we won't have to file for an extension.  If I get them filed on time, Dan owes me a steak dinner.  I'm thinking Bern's in Tampa.

Next week I have an appointment with Two-Drain and Doc Kimo.  I'm assuming Two-Drain will want to schedule my surgery to switch out my expanders to permanent implants.  Dan has knee surgery scheduled at the end of the month and I'm travelling in February so I assume it'll have to wait until March.  Doc Kimo will start me on Tamoxifen.  I'll know more after both of those appointments.  For now my focus is to regain my strength and fitness and be patient until I can tackle another stepping stone in my treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.