24 January 2012

Do It. Overdo It.

It's been a slow couple of weeks for me. I was very frustrated trying to get back to the gym and starting to walk again. It made me very tired to do so. So tired that I was taking to my bed after exercising, and sleeping, like a log, in the middle of the day, for hours. I'm a month out of chemo. Maybe I'm not ready to start rebuilding yet. I'm tired and cranky. I can't tell if I still feel bad from surgery and chemo or if I feel bad because I've been doing nothing for four months. Or if it's a new side effect of my current treatment, the Tamoxifen.

So after the week where I walked 15 miles and went to the gym three times, but spent the rest of the day in bed, I'm going to ease into it.  I snagged a ride up to school this afternoon, but walked back with the kids.  I'm doing heavier housework, (lugging laundry and groceries, cooking,) and trying to stay out of bed during the day. I hope this works.

My left arm, where they took the lymph nodes, is still bothering me.  My range of motion is quite diminished.  When I raise my arm above my head, I cannot straighten it.  I've been doing stretches for it but I may have to seek some PT.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.