2 December 2011

I'm Entitled

Someone who shall remain nameless has mentioned that my posts are starting to be real downers and I should write something positive. You know, I've been pretty upbeat about the whole cancer thing since I started. Perhaps I should have been a little more reserved in the beginning and then my later posts wouldn't seem so 'Debbie Downer'.

I didn't feel sick at the start. In fact, I was feeling pretty damn healthy. And then I weathered a double mastectomy with few second thoughts, although I've radically changed my body and body image, lost secondary sex organs, and recovered, (mostly,) from major surgery. I had my breasts amputated.

I am ok about losing my hair. It's been a non-issue. Some women have a really hard time but I'm cool with it.

I've had to drastically change my schedule, giving up stuff I like to do, struggling with stuff I HAVE to do, but again, this is my life now, and I've accepted it.

And true to my decision to be aggressive with my treatment, I chose chemo, when I could have easily said no. Again, I understand that it is what I have to do. But it really, really sucks and it's kicking my ass. There are so many unpleasant side effects, and they are overwhelming me. I have another 5 weeks ahead of me where I'm basically expecting to feel like shit. For five whole weeks. It's not that I don't think I can do it, because of course I will. But I'm not looking forward to it.

So if my post doesn't cheer you up, I'm entitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.