10 November 211

I'd like to dedicate this post to my Land's End Dual Control Electric Heated Mattress Pad.

Oh how I love it so.

I fold a little blanket along the bottom of the bed and it helps trap the heat down on my Popsicle toes. This has helped my marriage. Dan likes to sleep in a cold room and pull the blankets out of the bottom of the bed over to his side and up around his neck. I no longer wake up freezing and uncovered because the heat comes from below me.
It is dual control and I tend to like my side a little warmer than Dan. In fact he rarely uses it until we get into really cold weather. When the rest of the bedrooms are 68 degrees, our bedroom hovers around 61, or less if the wind is blowing from the south or west. The vagaries of a 90 year old house.
When I was sick with the stomach flu last spring, shivering uncontrollably and having to jump in and out of bed to run to the bathroom, it was my mattress pad that warmed me up and kept me cozy and as comfortable as was possible. When I get achy from my chemo, I turn that puppy up and enjoy the warmth. And when I slightly feverish, I can push the covers off and not get chilled.
The best part about the mattress pad is that it takes the chill off the bed when I hop in at night. I turn it on before I get changed and brush my teeth and by the time I finish my routine it's warm. It's like when Dan has to get up early and I get to roll over and stretch out into his warm spot. Niiiiiiiice! It's the same all night long. When I move around I don't have cold sheets greeting me.
It is with this love in my heart that I retire to my bed for the next few days. I've been up since 12:30am thanks to my final post-chemo dose of steroids last night. I peed 9 time in 6 hours, like every 30 minutes until 6:30am. I'm starting to crash now. My back hurts and things are tasting funny - bitter and metallic. The inside of my mouth is already starting to breakdown with canker sores. A boatload of stubble fell out in my shower today and my tummy is not happy. I'll be back in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.