3 October 2011

Ding Dong the Drains are Out!


Today I had my drains removed. I am much more comfortable now.  The doc said I still have to be a slug for a couple of weeks and I should expect to be pretty 'whole' at six weeks.  That's the magic number for any major surgery - 6 weeks.

As promised, a photo.  I had been waiting until the drains were out since they were gross.

As you can see, I'm starting to get really soft around the middle from laying around day after day.  I'm not looking forward to having to build up the stamina that I had amassed before surgery.  It's going to be an uphill climb.

Yesterday I had a fainting spell.  Not sure what's up with that but it hasn't happened so far today so I'm going to assume it was an aberration.  Tomorrow I have my how-to-have-chemo class.  Looking forward to that.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.