24 September 2011

Nausea Versus Pain

You know how you can have chronic pain and kind of not realize it?  Like when you sleep in the amazingly comfortable hotel bed instead of your own and wake up without a backache for the first time in months and that's when you realize that your back has been hurting for months?  My 'discomfort' had been getting worse as I had been cutting back on pain meds and I didn't realize it until I took a full dose of vicodin last night.  Wow, what a difference!  So I'm back on the vicodin, even though it's making me nauseous.  It seems I must choose between nausea and pain and today I choose nausea because I really, really hurt all day yesterday.

I went for a nice walk this morning - over three miles, so I've got THAT going for me...  It feels good to walk.  I'm not nauseous when I walk.  I may have another stroll this afternoon.

The drains, while a necessary evil and a pain in the side, are officially beginning to gross me out.  I really hope I can lose them next week!

A shout out to my peeps - stuff is getting done.  My sis, Kim, of course, who has been running the house, Patricia, who has been coordinating everybody else, folks who are dropping off meals, picking up kids after school and doing errands and airport runs.  Y'all are marvelous and I'm very thankful for your help.

Reading makes me nauseous.  I'm going to go lie down or throw up.  (Could go either way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send positive feedback. That is all I'm accepting right now. If you don't like my blog, try one of the other 300 million out there.